Vice Presidents and personnel directors of the one hundred largest corporations were asked to described their most unusual experience interviewing prospective employees:
* A job applicant challenged the interviewer to an arm wrestle.
* Interviewee wore a Walkman, explaining that she could listen to both the
interviewer and the music at the same time.
* Candidate fell and broke his arm.
* Candidate announced she had not had lunch and proceeded to eat a hamburger
and French fries in the interviewers’ office.
* Candidate explained that her long-term goals were to replace the interviewer.
* Candidate said he never finished high school because he was kidnapped and kept in a closet in Mexico.
* Balding candidate excused himself and returned to the office a few minutes later wearing a hairpiece.
* Applicant said if he was hired, he would demonstrate his loyalty by having
the corporate logo tattooed to his forearm.
* Applicant interrupted the interview to phone her therapist for advice on how
to answer specific interview questions.
* Candidate brought large dog to interview.
* Applicant refused to sit down and insisted on being interviewed standing up.
* Candidate dozed off during interview.