1. AS WELCOME AS A SKUNK AT A LAWN PARTY.
2. TIGHTER THAN BARK ON A TREE.
Not very generous
3. BIG HAT, NO CATTLE.
All talk and no action
4. WEâ€™VE HOWDIED BUT WE AINâ€™T SHOOK YET.
Weâ€™ve made a brief acquaintance but have not been formally introduced.
5. HE THINKS THE SUN CAME UP JUST TO HEAR HIM CROW.
He has a pretty high opinion of himself.
6. ITâ€™S SO DRY THE TREES ARE BRIBINâ€™ THE DOGS.
We really could use a little rain around here.
7. JUST BECAUSE A CHICKEN HAS WINGS DOESNâ€™T MEAN IT CAN FLY.
Appearances can be deceptive.
8. THIS AINâ€™T MY FIRST RODEO.
Iâ€™ve been around awhile.
9. HE LOOKS LIKE THE DOGâ€™S BEEN KEEPINâ€™ HIM UNDER THE PORCH.
Not the most handsome of men.
10. THEY ATE SUPPER BEFORE THEY SAID ! GRACE.
Living in sin.
11. TIME TO PAINT YOUR BUTT WHITE AND RUN WITH THE ANTELOPE.
Stop arguing and do as youâ€™re told.
12. AS FULL OF WIND AS A CORN-EATINâ€™ HORSE.
Rather prone to boasting.
13. YOU CAN PUT YOUR BOOTS IN THE OVEN BUT THAT DONâ€™T MAKE THEM BISCUITS.
You can say whatever you want about something, but it doesnâ€™t change what it is.
14. WEâ€™RE IN TALL COTTON.
Things are going well